About EXTRAORDINARY WOMEN IN HISTORY 70 Remarkable Women Who Made A Difference, Inspired & Broke Barriers
Extraordinary Women in History showcases some of the greatest women in history, paying homage to these trailblazers and will encourage everyone from all walks of life to dream big, never give up, and believe that barriers aren’t there to stop progress but are meant to be broken.
Discover these remarkable women throughout history with their amazing contributions. Be inspired by their courage, tenacity, dedication, and unwavering resolve to make a difference in big and small ways.
We’ve all heard stories about women who made history from all walks of life, but rarely have we heard about the female daredevils, pioneering innovators, radical reformers, dedicated activists, leaders, wordsmiths, artists, veterans, and others like the women highlighted in this book.
Inside this book, you’ll learn about these female role models including some of the following:
• Junko Tabei the first female to reach the summit of Mount Everest.
• Lily Parr the unstoppable English star of women’s football.
• Mary Eliza Mahoney the first licensed African American Nurse.
• Marie Curie the pioneer of Radioactivity.
• Harriet Tubman an icon for anti-slavery.
• Empress Suiko the first female regnant in Japan’s recorded history.
• Hattie McDaniel the first African American to win an Oscar.
• Irena Sendler rescued 2,500 Jewish children in World War II.
• Gudrid Thorbjarnardóttir was the most travelled woman of the Middle Ages.
Perfect for history fans, educators, as an inspiration for young girls, or for anyone interested in discovering the legacies of these remarkable women.
Visit The Authors Website & Follow Them On Social Media
Learn More About The Author
Leah Gail is a Marketeer, Entrepreneur and Author living in The Cotswolds, UK with her Cockapoo, Lando.
Leah’s background is in Music Marketing and having worked in an industry with very few women at the top spent the majority of her time mentoring other women to reach their potential. This inspired Leah to start writing about women that had inspired her and also learnt about women who had never heard about.
Leah has also been enlisted into the Women In Music Roll Of Honour which recognises game changers within the industry and has helped other women reach their potential.
Aside from writing books and listening to music Leah loves to get out in the countryside on long walks and has also done some impressive treks around the world including Everest Basecamp.